This week is Turquoise Takeover Week, where the American Lung Association and the places all over the nation turn America turquoise to promote the Lung Force initiative and raise awareness of lung disease in women. Did you know that lung cancer is number one cancer killer of women? Most people don’t. I’m helping to promote Lung Force by painting the town turquoise!
If you live in the Tampa Bay Area, here are ways you can get involved:
- Wednesday May 10: Join the American Lung Association at Kendra Scott in Hyde Park Village from 5-8 pm where 20% of proceeds will benefit Lung Force; sips and sweets to be served, and be entered to win a turquoise ‘Rayne’ necklace!
- May 7 – May 12: Visit Coppertail Brewing Co (during the entire month of May) and $1 of every Wheat Stroke beer will benefit American Lung Association.
- Stop by either Nothing Bundt Cakes Tampa locations and order a turquoise Bundtlet tower, and 20% of proceeds will benefit the cause.
- May 10-13 Stop by Funky Sweets in St. Pete for funnel cake and mini donuts, mention you are there to support the American Lung Association in Florida: Tampa Bay, and 20% of proceeds will come back to them.
If you do not live in the Tampa Bay Area, check your local Facebook page to see events happening in your city. You can also:
- Donate to Lung Force
- Help to paint the town turquoise in your own way
- Become a Lung Force Advocate
- Participate or Volunteer in a Lung Force Event
YOU can help save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through education, advocacy and research.
If you want to help paint the town turquoise (Or just need a new purse for summer), you can get mine here.