2017 was a good year, but to be fair, it slightly paled in comparison to 2015-2016. We still had a great year, but I felt like we weren’t able to accomplish everything that we wanted to and remained somewhat stagnant. However, there were some highs! I began my year-long service term as an AmeriCorps VISTA, which you can read more about here. My husband also completed his undergraduate degree, and we adopted Winston, who continues to bring us so much joy.
Yet like I mentioned before, 2017 felt similar to an in-between year, a time during which our lives were put on hold while we waited for our real life to start. And while I still enjoyed all the adventures we had, I am ready for that journey to begin. I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be OUR year.
Here are few things I am excited about that are happening in 2018:
- FINALLY Dyeing My Hair: It is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time, but I have been growing out my hair since a disaster of a haircut I got in the summer of 2016. I can’t wait any longer, so it’s happening pretty early in the year!
- GOING TO DISNEYLAND! Our goal is to visit all the Disney Parks in the world, and the original seemed like a good place to start! My husband has never been west of Utah, so we are eager to explore more of the West Coast!
- Winston Turning 1: Since we adopted him and are not sure of his exact birthday, we might celebrate on his adoption day or pick a day to celebrate. Either way, there will be pupcakes involved.
- Moving: With my husband currently in the process of applying to medical school, we are (fingers crossed) guaranteed to be moving come this summer. I am more than ready for this new adventure.
- Increased Traveling: Aside from our big trip out west, we want to travel a bit more before my husband starts medical school and ‘reality hits’. Some trips we have planned so far include Atlanta, Key West (with a stop at the Museum of Ice Cream in Miami obviously), Yellowstone, and potentially Nashville.
- The Growth of MadMea: This blog will turn 1 in April, and I am really looking forward to expanding its potential and writing content with more variety!
What are you looking forward to in 2018? Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions?