What. A. Year.
In a post I wrote at the beginning of this year I mentioned that 2018 would be ‘our’ year. I honestly had no idea when I wrote that post just how incredible this year would be, and it might be very difficult for 2019 to top it. In that post I wrote a list of reasons why I was excited for 2018 so I thought it would be fun to share them with a little recap.
- FINALLY Dyeing My Hair: In February I did something I had been wanting to do for a very long time, dye my hair pink. I absolutely loved it and hope to do it again in the near future, but I actually am dyeing it something different this year that I am also very excited about! I guess this is just the beginning of my hair journey.
- GOING TO DISNEYLAND! Our goal is to visit all the Disney Parks in the world, and the original seemed like a good place to start! Granted, when I wrote that post I had no idea we would be crossing TWO parks off the list this year. Nevertheless, Disneyland was incredibly magical and charming, and we have both wanted to back pretty much since the day we left.
- Winston Turning 1: Since we adopted him and are not sure of his exact birthday, we celebrated in May, the month we adopted him. And yes, there were pupcakes involved.
- Moving: Pretty much until the end of May we were positive that we were moving to Tallahassee, FL because my husband had been wait listed at his top choice medical school there. When May came around and he (finally) got rejected, we moved on down to the school he actually liked more, but was more expensive which is why we weren’t considering it as much. I never really documented our move (though I can if you would like!) but we now live in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area and it has been better than we ever thought it would. My husband loves his school, I have an amazing job, and we made some pretty great friends. This was the best thing that could’ve happened to us at this time in our lives.
- Increased Traveling: The knowledge that we only had limited time before as we liked to call it ‘reality hit’, my husband and I wanted to make travel a priority during his gap year. I will say that originally we had never intended on visiting Japan until one afternoon in January where my husband decided to look at flights. It really was the trip of a lifetime, but we traveled to quite a few other places too, including: Tallahassee, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and of course Disneyland. I also spent some time at the beginning of the year working for my dad at art shows and the opportunity to visit Pittsburgh, Charleston, and all over Florida.
- The Growth of MadMea: If I’m being honest, I didn’t grow this blog as much as I wanted to. My goal was (and still is) to write at least one post a week, and I didn’t even come close to achieving that goal. I still have blog posts to write from things I did back in October (I never even wrote about everything we did in Toyko), and later in the year I found out I had been scammed and had to completely overhaul my site. However, I did branch out of my comfort zone with some of my posts including this one, which might be one of my favorites from this year.
Overall, 2018 was an year filled with travel, new opportunities, and personal and professional growth. Stay tuned for a post later this week listing things I’m excited for in 2019!