The Raleigh/Durham area is beautiful and the city has lots of great things to offer. I researched and created a list things to do before we went, and while we weren’t able to accomplish all the things on that list, we loved everything that we did end up doing!
What We Did/Saw
- Historic Yates Mill County Park
- North Carolina Museum of History
- Triangle Rock Club (Indoor Rock Climbing)
- Explored the murals and parks Downtown
- NC State Capital Building
- Duke University & Gardens
Everything we went to in Raleigh (with the exception of Indoor Rock Climbing) was free, even the museum!
Where We Ate
- Transfer Co. Food Hall
- Cook Out
- Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken
- Pho & Poke House
While not as famous as Asheville or as large as Charlotte, the Raleigh/Durham area has lots to see and do and is worth a visit!
What’s your favorite thing to do when exploring a new city? Are you more likely to visit museums & gardens or are you all about the shops & restaurants?