Dubrovnik was the first stop on our Mediterranean cruise in June 2022 which also visited Mykonos, Santorini, and Split. This cruise port ended up being our favorite one! Croatia in general was a beautiful country and we really want to go back and explore more.
If you are only in Dubrovnik for one day, the main thing you want to visit is Old Town. Most of the main museums, churches, etc. are located within the walls of Old Town. The easiest way to see it all is by using the Dubrovnik Pass, which comes in 1 day, 3 day, and 7 day options. Since we were there on a Monday, most of the museums were closed.
Places we visited:
- Walls of Old Town
- Rector’s Palace
- Friars Minor Franciscan Monastery
- Lucin Katun – We did not get any entrees from here, opting instead to try various tapas and desserts. Everything was delicious!
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re coming from the cruise port, its about a 40 minute walk from the ship to Old Town. We took one route on the way there and different route which hugged the coast on the way back. If you decide to walk, I definitely recommend taking the coastal route as it had beautiful views.
- Walk the walls first before seeing any other attractions as they take the longest and get busier as the day goes on.
- Fans of Game of Thrones will probably recognize Dubrovnik, as it was used for filming locations in certain seasons (I personally haven’t seen Game of Thrones so I don’t know which ones). There are lots of various Game of Thrones tours and shops if that is something you’re interested in.
Is Croatia on your list of countries to visit?